About Civil Rights Training
In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, and reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity. (Not all prohibited bases apply to all programs.)
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.) should contact BCI at 206-292-6340(?). Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.
To file a complaint alleging program discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, AD-3027, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Mail your completed form or letter to:
U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410
by fax: (202) 690-7442
Bryant Christie Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and provider.
Who Must Participate
- Board members and staff of organizations that receive federal funds and who are responsible for making decisions, dealing with program funds, and/or implementing activities on behalf of programs funded by FAS.
- New employees or board members are asked to complete their training before their first-year anniversary. (BCI requests that staff complete their training within their first three months of employment).
- Individuals that have previously completed these courses and have documentation on file to this effect are only required to complete new courses.
- Employees and board members may be exempt if they do not have recruitment, hiring, or program management responsibilities.
- As of March 15, 2013, board members and cooperator staff managers are required to take the Workplace Harassment Training. A corresponding module for Employees is required for staff and contractors.
A. Introduction to Civil Rights Training
- Watch the Introduction to Civil Rights Training Video (it is recommended that you download this video and watch it off-line)
- Read the accompanying Introduction to Civil Rights Handbook
B. Cultural Diversity
- Read Diversity in the Workplace
- Read Module II, Cultural Diversity
C. Equal Opportunity Employment (EEO)
- Read Module I - Introduction to EEO
- Read Module I - Lesson A
- Read Module I - Lesson B
- Read Module I - Lesson C
- Read Module I - Lesson D
- Read Module I - Lesson E
- Read Module III - Introduction to Non-Discrimination in Program and Service Delivery
- Read Module III - Lesson A
- Read Module III - Lesson B
- Read Module III - Lesson C
- Read Module III - Lesson D
E. Sexual Harassment
- Read Stopping Sexual Harassment Before It Starts
F. Reinventing Diversity
- Read Reinventing Diversity for Today's USDA (Part One)
- Read Reinventing Diversity for Today's USDA (Part Two)
G. Workplace Harassment
For Managers and Supervisors:
- Review the Workplace Harassment Training for Managers and Supervisors
- Grade your responses within the Workplace Harassment Training for Supervisors answer key.
For Employees and Contractors
- Review the Workplace Harassment Training for Employees
- Grade your responses within the Workplace Harassment Training for Employees answer key
Upon completion of these modules, sign the Affirmation of Course Completion and submit it to the BCI Office Manager for your personnel file. These affirmations are made available to the USDA Office of Civil Rights for periodic compliance review.