Bryant Christie Inc. (BCI) is seeking a detail oriented and self-motivated research professional to carry out research, data analysis, data visualization, and report writing relevant to the global trade of food, beverage, and agricultural goods. Experience with these sectors is not necessary, but a keen interest in international affairs and trade makes for a good fit.
The Research Analyst/Research Manager contributes substantially to the work that BCI delivers for our clients, including:
- Providing global regulatory intelligence regarding food safety, packaging sustainability (e.g. plastics and waste reduction), sustainable agricultural production, food labeling requirements
- Providing global trade intelligence regarding market access and trade barriers for food and ag products including tariffs, phytosanitary requirements, customs processes
- Developing bespoke data dashboards, using Power BI or Excel
- Research and data analyses into critical trade issues
- Competitor studies to provide global or market-specific intelligence
- Assessments of current or promising international markets for client products
- Program evaluations to assess and improve export market development programs
- Research and analysis to support BCI’s market access and market development consulting
The Research Analyst/Research Manager will engage in activities for client-driven work, e.g.:
- Technical regulatory research on the U.S. and foreign markets
- Data analysis and data visualization
- Market research
- Trade policy research
- Interview research
- Producing comprehensive research reports
- Producing clear, concise regulatory and trade alert items
- Other duties assigned in support of BCI leadership and activities
The successful candidate must demonstrate a high degree of the following capabilities:
- Research aptitude – the ability to diligently seek out all information needed to thoroughly run a research question to ground
- Analytic skills – the ability to critically analyze data and understand the insights it has to offer, to arrive at a clear understanding of technical regulations, and to bring together quantitative and qualitative information to draw supportable conclusions
- Strong written communications skills – the ability to convey complex or technical information in an accurate, concise, and understandable way through narrative text and data presentation
- Attention to detail – accuracy in our data analysis, regulatory analysis, and report writing is critical to our clients’ success and our company’s reputation
- Project management aptitude – organizational skills to take ownership of a project, manage all the moving parts, and track progress
- Literacy in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and other standard applications is required. Familiarity with Power BI, R, or statistical software is a big plus.
The research professional will work within a small and highly collaborative team, with individuals contributing their unique mix of the above capabilities and helping each other to grow their skills. This position offers early opportunities to lead and own projects. Potential for significant professional growth is supported by opportunities to work on many types of projects, peer mentoring through teamwork, interaction with experienced professionals throughout the company, field trips to industry facilities, and support for training and professional development activities. Happy hours, an annual off-site retreat, fantasy sports leagues, and daily chatter with others who share your passion for all things international help build BCI’s strong culture.
Bryant Christie Inc. is a dynamic and growing international affairs management firm with offices in Seattle, Washington and Sacramento, California. The position may be filled in either office. The current hybrid work week includes three days in-office. This is a salaried position that includes benefits. Starting salary of $53,000 to $80,000 is based on experience.
BCI is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, veteran, marital or familial status.
To apply for this position, please email a cover letter, resumé, and short writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to the address below. This announcement will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. We read all applications, so please tell us about your capabilities without concern for keywords.
Bryant Christie Inc.
1418 Third Avenue, Suite 300
Seattle, WA 98101
Bryant Christie Inc. reserves the right not to fill this position if it is not satisfied with the applicant pool or if business conditions change.Back to all jobs openings