Bryant Christie Inc. (BCI) provides specialized consulting to help exporters access and develop their international markets. We support clients in the agriculture and food sectors, ranging from leading food brands and multinational restaurant chains to farmers exporting fresh fruits to a global marketplace. Our unique set of international services includes market and regulatory research, data analysis and data dashboard tools, online export databases, as well as trade policy and international marketing services.
We are offering a paid internship with our Research and Information Services team, to start January 2023. Winter term interns may be invited to remain through spring term so that they may engage in more substantive work and gain deeper experience.
Knowledge areas and skillsets the intern can develop include:
- Exporting and international business
- Regulation in countries around the globe (e.g., of food safety, sustainability, and business)
- Trade policy (e.g., tariffs, trade barriers, free trade agreements)
- Professional and technical writing
- Data analysis and presentation
The intern will contribute primarily to our work to keep clients aware of changes in the global trade environment and may also contribute to market research projects or other work available at the time.
The successful candidate will have the following characteristics:
- Acute attention to detail and accountability for the accuracy of your work is essential
- Literacy in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and other standard applications is required
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to produce accurate, clear, and concise summaries of complex information
- Data skills are always welcome, and we can provide good experience in their application
- Persistence, thoroughness, and creativity in conducting desk research paves the way for ownership of more substantive tasks
This internship is paid at a rate of $20.00 per hour and requires 16-20 hours per week. We offer a hybrid work model but we encourage time in our Sacramento or Seattle office each week, where you will interact with and learn from staff with many areas of expertise. For work conducted remotely, interns must have access to a reliable internet connection, as well as a computer of their own to work from.
To apply for this position, please email a cover letter, resumé, and short writing sample no later than December 20, 2022 to the attention of Heather Daveno at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be considered as they arrive and BCI reserves the right to fill this position prior to the closing date. We read all applications and do not scan them, so please tell us about your capabilities without focusing on keywords.
Bryant Christie Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, veteran, marital or familial status.Back to all jobs openings